V.V. Berlinsky, V.Yu. Maksimov, L.A. Chumakov, S.A. Kozlov
State autonomous healthcare institution of Saratov region, Regional Ophthalmologic Hospital, Saratov
For correspondence: Berlinsky Vadim Viktorovich — Candidate of Medical Sciences, Head of department of anaesthesiology and intensive care, State autonomous healthcare institution of Saratov region «Regional Ophthalmologic Hospital», Saratov; anaesthetist and expert in resuscitation, Clinical Hospital n.a. S.R. Mirotvortsev of Saratov State Medical University, Saratov; e-mail: email@example.com
For citation: Berlinsky VV, Maksimov VYu, Chumakov LA, Kozlov SA. Dexmedetomidine as the Component of Multimodal Analgesia in Vitreoretinal Surgery. Intensive Care Herald. 2017;1:28–31.
The study of efficacy and safety of using of the dexmedetomidine related to the group of central agonists of α2-adrenoceptor as the component of multimodal analgesia in vitreoretinal surgery was carried out. For this purpose 2 groups of patients after vitreoretinal surgical interventions were examined prospectively. Evaluation of anesthesia adequacy was performed using the following parameters: depth of sedation level and consciousness depression, which were estimated by means of Richmond Agitation-Sedation Scale. The degree of collaboration with physician was also evaluated. Monitoring of arterial pressure, heart rate, respiratory rate and SpO2 were conducted. Assessment of pain syndrome was performed with use of verbal descriptive scale of pain intraoperatively and at early postoperative period. The perioperative consumption of fentanyl was taken into consideration. Analysis of the results allowed to conclude that the usage of dexmedetomidine reduced perioperative consumption of opioid analgesics and severity of hemodynamic responses, it helped to maintain consciousness at a comfortable level both for patients and operators.
Keywords: dexmedetomidine, multimodal analgesia, agonist α2-adrenoceptor, anesthesia in ophthalmosurgery
- Ashburh M.A., Caplan R.A., Carr D.B. et al. Practice guidelines for acute pain management in the perioperative setting: an updated report by the American Society of Anesthesiologists task force on acute pain management. 2004; 100(6): 1573–1581.
- Овечкин А.М. Седация в интенсивной терапии. Вестник интенсивной терапии. 2009; 1: 21–26. [OvechkinA.M. Sedatsiya v intensivnoy terapii. Vestnik intensivnoy terapii. 2009; 1: 21–26. (In Russ)]
- Тахчиди Х.П., Сахнова С.Н., Мясникова В.В. и др. Анестезия в офтальмологии. М.: МИА, 2007. [Takhchidi Kh.P., Sakhnova S.N., Myasnikova V.V. et al. Anesteziya v oftal’mologii. M.: MIA, 2007. (In Russ)]
- Sessler C.N., Gosnell M.S., Grap J. et al. The Richmond Agitation-Sedation Scale. Validiti and Realiabiliti in Adult intensive Care Unit Patients. Am. J. Respir. Crit. Care Med. 2002; 166(10): 1338–1344.
- Александрович Ю.С., Гордеев В.И. Оценочные и прогностические шкалы в медицине критических состояний. СПб.: Элби-СПб, 2010. [Aleksandrovich Yu.S., Gordeyev V.I. Otsenochnyye i prognosticheskiye shkaly v meditsine kriticheskikh sostoyaniy. Saint-Petersburg: Elbi-SPb, 2010. (In Russ)]
- Жданов Г.Г., Харитонова Е.Б. Клофелин как компонент общей и регионарной анестезии. Саратовский научно-медицинский журнал. 2009; 5(1): 115–118. [Zhdanov G.G., Kharitonova E.B. Klofelin kak komponent obshchey i regionarnoy anestezii. Saratovskiy nauchno-meditsinskiy zhurnal. 2009; 5(1): 115–118. (In Russ)]