Alexander Saltanov Intensive Care Herald accepts manuscripts not published earlier in Russian and English academic literature. The articles must describe current trends and research in the field of anesthesiology and intensive care in Russia and worldwide. The Journal publishes articles in the following Special Sections.
2. Original research.
3. Congresses, conferences, symposia.
The publication of articles in the Journal is free of charge.
- The manuscript should be submitted in Microsoft Word format. The preferred format is 12 Times New Roman, 1.5 line spacing. The maximum length of the manuscript (including references, tables and figures) is 12 pages for original articles, 15 pages for reviews/clinical lectures and 6 pages for clinical case/brief communication.
- Files with images and illustrations should be submitted separately (maximum of 4 figures and/or tables). All images and illustrations which should be submitted in the *.jpg, *.tif or *.pdf format. Please provide the figure captions in the end of the manuscript.
- Transfer of Copyright agreement.
The signed and scanned copy of the Transfer of Copyright agreement . You can download the form the Agreement here.
- A cover letter to the manuscript.
The cover letter has to contain the following information:
- authors’ names, affiliation and contact details;
- the statement of compliance with the instruction for authors and publishing ethics of the Journal;
- the statement that the manuscript is read and approved by all authors;
- the statement that the manuscript has not been published and is not under consideration for publication by any other journal
- conflicts of interest
- the brief description of each sent file;
- signatures of all authors.
How to submit your manuscript
All claims for placement of article in the Journal are sent to an e-mail address of the Editor-in-Chief Igor B. Zabolotskikh (email@example.com). Please also copy your submission to the executive editor Sergei V. Grigoryev (firstname.lastname@example.org).
After submitting the manuscript you should within 3 days receive the confirmation of receipt of the manuscript. Authors have to be easily available by e-mail after submission of article in the Journal.
Within 2 weeks the manuscript is checked for the compliance to the Journal policy and accordance with the instructions for authors. The articles which do not meet the Journal criteria will not be sent to the reviewers. If article did not pass the primary evaluation, it is returned to authors. Authors may revise the manuscript and re-submit it to the Journal . The revision should be made within 2 months, otherwise the manuscript will be considered a primary submission.
All articles manuscripts are subjected to the peer-review. The process of peer-reviewing ususally takes 14-21 days. Following the results of the review authors are notified about the results.
How to prepare your manuscript
Font: Times New Roman, 12 point, left aligned, 1,5-spaced.
Title: use 18 point bold for your article title; font size 16 and 14 pt for first- and second-level headings respectively.
File structure: The journal editorial board accepts manuscripts as a single complete file with all figures, tables and any additional supplemental materials. Please organize your text according to the following template:
- Article title: Best article titles bear short, clear and distinctive messages.
- Authors and their affiliated institutions: linked by superscript numbers, should be listed beneath the title on the opening page of the manuscript.
- Abstract (200−250 words) of an original study should start with some brief background information and statement of the study’s Aims, followed by Materials and methods and finishing with the Results. The closing sentence should outline the main Conclusions of the study in the most comprehensible terms.
- Keywords: MeSH (Medical Subject Headings) thesaurus is a preferred source for choosing keywords.
- The body of the text: should start with a brief Introduction, describing the paper’s significance. In the case of an original study, the body of the paper should follow a common structured approach to the description of Materials and Methods, Results, Discussion, and Conclusion.
- Acknowledgements: this section should include the following:
- Clarification regarding any potential or actual conflicts of interest of the authors.
Any affiliations, financial relations, financial or political interests in the manuscript as a whole or in part, including employment and other liabilities that may result in withholding or deliberate corruption of data or adversely influenced interpretation, are considered a conflict of interest and must be explicitly stated as such. Please note that conflicts of interest do not impede a publication, though failure to disclose one does.
- Funding: a brief list of funding sources for the results reported in the paper, as well as the publication process itself (e.g. a commercial organization, a foundation or government grant, etc.).
- ORCID of authors: all authors are recommended to list their ORCID in the end of the document.
Citation in text
References are ordered as they appear in the text. Titles of all cited articles are required. All articles in the list of references should be cited in the text and, conversely, all references cited in the text must be included in the list. Citations should be given in square brackets – .
Tables and figures
- All tables and figures should be numbered in arabic numerals with a heading and table/figure legend that would be easy to read and comprehend. Please make sure that table data is in line with the numbers in the body of the text (but does not simply duplicate them).
- Reduce graphical material to a minimum (unless the nature of your study dictates otherwise). Photographs should be rich in contrast, illustrative artwork should be clear and of high resolution (dpi).
- If you wish to include in your paper any graphical material created other than by means of standard office applications (e.g. results of diagnostic imaging, photographs, screenshots, digital artwork, etc.), please submit them as separate files in *.jpg, *.tif or *.pdf formats. The absolute minimum for acceptable resolution is 300 dpi, though higher is preferable. Do keep in mind that image files should be tagged with numbers corresponding to the enumeration within the manuscript. In addition, file description should provide the caption of your image as it would appear in the paper
(exp.: “Fig. 1. Elliott Proctor Joslin, M.D. (1869-1962).”).
- Graphs should be labeled on the ordinate and abscissa with the parameter or variable being measured, the units of measure, and the scale.
- Units should be metric and follow SI convention.
- Kindly take care to provide references to all of your supplementary materials (tables, graphs, etc.) within the body of the text.
Authors are responsible for correctness and completeness of the data provided in the list of references.
The reference list should be organized according to the guidelines by AMA (http://www.amamanualofstyle.com) in Vancouver style.
The following are the principle points you should be aware of while preparing your manuscript for submission:
- References should be numbered in the order in which they are cited.
- Within the body of the text references should be provided in Arabic numerals enclosed in square brackets.
- A complete list of all authors should be presented in every bibliographical entry. Please put an “et al.” notation after the third name if cited paper has more than 4 authors. Do not shorten titles of your citations. Shortened journal titles should correspond to the MedLine catalogue. If the journal is not indexed by MedLine, please provide its full title.
Articles in journals
The following structure of the bibliographic reference is applied to the description of articles:
Author AA, Author BB. Name of article. Journal. Year;Volume(Number):page–page. doi: xxxxx
Dixon WG., Bansback N. Understanding the side effects of glucocorticoid therapy: shining a light on a drug everyone thinks they know. Ann Rheum Dis. 2012;71(11):1761–4. doi: 10.1136/annrheumdis-2012-202021.
Jenkins PF. Making sense of the chest x-ray: a hands-on guide. New York: Oxford University Press; 2005. 194 p
Puig-Samper MA, Ruiz R, Galera Andres A, eds. Evolucionismo y cultura darwinismo en Europae Iberoamerica. Aranjuez (Spain): Ediciones Doce Calles; 2002. 407 p.
Veterans Hearing Loss Compensation Act of 2002, Pub. L. No. 107-9, 115 Stat. 11 (May 24, 2001).
Healthy Children Learn Act, S. 1012, 107th Cong., 1st Sess. (2001).
Cardiopulmonary Bypass Intracardiac Suction Control, 21 C.F.R. Sect. 870.4430 (2002)
Materials of conferences
Harnden P, Joffe JK, Jones WG, editors. Germ cell tumours V. Proceedings of the 5th Germ Cell Tumour Conference; 2001 Sep 13-15; Leeds, UK. New York: Springer; 2002.
Christensen S, Oppacher F. An analysis of Koza’s computational effort statistic for genetic programming. In: Foster JA, Lutton E, Miller J, Ryan C, Tettamanzi AG, editors. Genetic programming. EuroGP 2002: Proceedings of the 5th European Conference on Genetic Programming; 2002 Apr 3-5; Kinsdale, Ireland. Berlin: Springer; 2002. p. 182-91.
Borkowski MM. Infant sleep and feeding: a telephone survey of Hispanic Americans [dissertation]. Mount Pleasant (MI): Central Michigan University; 2002.
The description of article from the electronic journal
Abood S. Quality improvement initiative in nursing homes: the ANA acts in an advisory role. Am J Nurs [Internet]. 2002 Jun [cited 2002 Aug 12];102(6):[about 1 p.]. Available from: http://www.nursingworld.org/AJN/2002/june/Wawatch.htmArticle
Cancer-Pain.org [Internet]. New York: Association of Cancer Online Resources, Inc.; c2000-01 [updated 2002 May 16; cited 2002 Jul 9]. Available from: http://www.cancer-pain.org/.
Pagedas AC, inventor; Ancel Surgical R&D Inc., assignee. Flexible endoscopic grasping and cutting device and positioning tool assembly. United States patent US 20020103498. 2002 Aug 1.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.